Syntax – is the set of rules and principles that define the combinations of symbols that are considered to be a correctly structured document or fragment in a language.
For programming, the document represents the source code. For markup languages, the document represents data.
What is SyntaxCon?
The Syntax Code & Craft Conference – more commonly referred to as ‘SyntaxCon’ – is Coastal South Carolina’s premier programmer’s code conference. The event is a full stack code conference focused on fostering ongoing education among the developer community and will provide language-agnostic sessions and talks across 3 main tracks:
- Front-End Development
- Back-End Development
- Platforms (game development, content management systems, cloud-hosted services and infrastructure, mobile development, and more).
The event brings together developers, both established and new, to discuss ideas, collaborate, network, socialize and explore job opportunities.
- Master essential techniques and advanced tips to scale and optimize your systems and/or applications for trouble-free, time-saving performance
- Learn techniques you can use to write great code
- Discover the advantages of using code that you can get your hands on, instead of wondering what other people have built into it, and for what purposes
- Learn how to ensure that your code is really secure—don’t take someone else’s word for it
- Learn how to increase productivity and lower the cost of deployment, from databases to cloud computing
- Hear about to the most promising new projects, services, languages and tools
- Receive hype-free guidance to help your business build a solid footing for future success
Location and Dates
SyntaxCon 2017 will take place on May 18-19, 2017 at the College of Charleston North Campus in Charleston, South Carolina
Convince Your Boss
Download the Attendee Prospectus (PDF) to help convince your boss to fund your ticket to SyntaxCon this year! It has all this info and more to help you.
One of our key goals for SyntaxCon is to provide an inclusive and welcoming experience for all participants. To that end, we have a code of conduct that we require all attendees, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, and staff to comply with, no exceptions.